Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Assist the Purchase Coordinator with all aspects of the purchasing and travel booking processes.
- Enter purchase invoices on to the Kofax and Basware systems
- Allocate and coding project invoices
- Deal with purchase invoice related queries
- Manage the invoice authorisation process
- Liaise with project managers regarding queries on purchase invoices and chasing authorisation for payment.
- Monitor open entry levels to ensure that invoices are being authorised and paid promptly.
- Review supplier statements when received and action any items that do not agree
- Prepare the weekly payment runs and cashbook journals
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotes and raise purchase orders after instruction from authorised personnel
- Provide cover and assistance to Travel Coordinator in booking of employee flights, taxis and cars etc.
- Assist with the preparation of project spend summaries
- Process expense claims and reconcile accounts for staff expenditure
- Other accounting and administrative tasks as required
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of purchase ledger related taxes (VAT, CIS etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Experience in a purchasing function (preferably, not essential)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 2-5 years accounts payable and general accounting experience
Attention to detail
- Accuracy is required when inputting invoices and payments onto the systems to ensure they are processed correctly and the right amount is paid.
- Demonstrating good knowledge of VAT requirements to ensure the correct tax codes are used and the right amount of VAT is recovered.
- Workload needs to be divided appropriately to ensure that invoices are processed in a timely manner and we pay our liabilities when they fall due.
- Prioritise workload to ensure purchases are made in line with project requirements.
- Liaising with the purchasing department, project controllers, management accountants etc. to ensure that processes run as smoothly as possible.
- Offering support to other personnel in the finance department to help with queries, cover leave periods and problem solve where necessary.
Customer service focus
- Friendly and helpful when in communication with our suppliers to ensure queries are resolved quickly, to develop positive relationships and promote an excellent brand image.
- Effective communication with other team members to ensure that information is passed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Equally as important is communication with suppliers to ensure they are kept well informed and their queries adequately resolved.
- A positive attitude is essential to help ensure successful outcomes.
- Being proactive in looking for efficiencies in the role and developing their own skills through experience and learning.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems.
- You work with other departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety
- Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”
- Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way