Working as key member of the tender team the Bid Writer and Business Development Coordinator (BW&BCC) will help win new contracts through provision of high-quality written content within pre-qualification and tender submissions, supporting documentation.
The post holder will also provide essential administration & coordination support to the Estimating and Business Development department, maintaining up to date market information within our BIMS (Boskalis Intelligence Management System) database and facilitating the organisation of our business communications and exhibitions.
The post holder will contribute to the successful overall performance of Boskalis Westminster (BWL) through:
- Develop and support the team’s culture of collaboration and commitment, delivering high quality written work and meeting, without fail, internal and client deadlines.
- Creating and maintaining effective partnerships and relationships with colleagues, clients and, where required, the general public.
- Provide a key contribution to the overall tender process with the ability to work within a tender team, which may be based in several locations.
- Using innovative thinking to ensure the promotion of the key items / issues within the tender proposal, including the ability to assimilate technical and operational information into clear, concise bid and proposal documentation.
- Understanding the BWL corporate drivers, incorporating them within tender proposals. Ensuring that BWL continues to be effective and competitive within our market sectors, meeting our commercial targets and always ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all potential opportunities are reviewed and passed on to the Management Team for appraisal.
- Completing Pre-Qualification documentation and developing and updating company Project Sheets, CV’s and other supporting bid documentation.
- The maintenance and review of the BWL BIMS data management system, enabling the BWL Management to have a greater understanding of the expected market conditions and drivers.
- Always complying with the BWL principles and standards.
Required knowledge & experience
- A proven track record in the management and delivery of winning proposals, with the ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Having excellent written skills, with particular attention to bid presentation and information accuracy.
- Has a good understanding of the relevant market sector, its players, and customer procurement procedures. This includes the daily review of potential opportunities through a range of tracking systems.
- Understands database systems, ensuring our inhouse BIMS system is maintained and managed in the most effective manner and assisting in the generation of reports to aid the tender and management teams.
- Has excellent PC skills including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, Adobe InDesign and experience of other desktop publishing packages.
- Possesses a high level of communication skills. Confident of providing a high standard of customer services, specifically when working with our clients and stakeholders.
- An understanding of the BWL and wider Boskalis Group brand awareness.
- Has marketing experience including organising and on occasion attending exhibitions and providing bespoke advertising for specific publications, websites and events.
- Ideally experience of working in a similar background.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems.
- You work with other BWL and wider Boskalis Group departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- Proven experience in winning projects.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety:
Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”.
Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function.
- Adapting to various management styles across the Boskalis Group.
- The ability to communicate adequately within the tender team, the make-up of which will vary on a project by project basis.
- Being adaptive with the ability to multitask and to prioritise work.Working with different management styles.
- The ability to work outside office hours when required to do so and to work in alternative locations to the Fareham office if required.
- Understanding that deadlines have to be adhered to and that bid proposals may have to be completed within tight timeframes.
Customer market focus
- Ensuring opportunities within daily trackers are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Potentially liaising closely with councils, government agencies, ports and other private clients as well as internal customers.
- Assisting with PPQ’s and tenders.
- Reviewing and improving systems to increase our performance.
- Helping to create and maintain our brand awareness and culture, including any rebranding and promotions.
- Ensuring that all Company information is always current.
- Always meeting deadlines and targets set out by BWL and our clients.
- Working within budget constraints.
- Being able to be a creative, quick thinker, with good organisational skills and a high standard of written work.
- Being able to think strategically.
- You take action to speed up the progress of your duties and projects.
- You act in anticipation rather than waiting for problems to arise.
- You are pro-active regarding alternative solutions.
- Problem solving
- The ability to communicate with a number of different people.
- Being flexible in approach to work and communication.
- You have persuasive skills and the ability to represent the Company internally and externally.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way