Supporting the Head of Business Development and Estimating, to create new business opportunities and maintain and further develop our extensive client relationships. A core role will be to lead the BWL CSR programme.
- Create new business opportunities, meeting our planned growth and financial targets in line with our business strategy.
- Maintain good working relations with existing clients, Joint Venture partners and the general public.
- Assist in building a strong company brand, contributing to the successful overall performance of BWL and making us a partner of choice to our clients.
- Maintain BWL’s position on Contractor selection databases.
- Manage the preparation and submission of Pre-Qualification documentation, ensuring high standards are always maintained.
- Assist with the wider tender process where required.
- Develop BWL’s marketing strategy and manage the promotion of the company through via conferences and exhibitions, the BWL website and printed and social media.
- Develop and manage the company’s CSR activities.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the marine, coastal and civil engineering market.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Ability to prepare and review proposal documentation.
- Proven understanding of CSR.
- Brand awareness.
Customer Market Focus:
- Keep close to the current and potential future market. Build on existing client relationships and create new ones.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Set specific, measurable goals based on the company strategy. Self score performance against these goals.
- Be innovative, adding value throughout the Business Development process.
- Remain reliable in attendance and flexible in your approach.
- Deliver results to often challenging programmes.
- Take all opportunities to gain further knowledge, through colleagues, partners, competitors and formal training.
- Have the confidence to investigate new market opportunities and present proposals to the management team. Do not wait for others to lead.
- Have strong views, but also be prepared to accept that other opinions may be more appropriate.
- Believe in the company ethos and transmit this to other team members. Encourage and support rather than dictate.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- A proven team player with strong interpersonal skills you help find solutions to problems.
- You work within the wider Boskalis team, contributing ideas and putting common interests above your own.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- You are self-motivated and seek new opportunities.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You maintain high integrity values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favourably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety:
Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”.
Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way