Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Assisting the Management Accountant as and when required.
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
- Monitoring purchase ledger email in boxes.
- Preparing invoices for posting.
- Entering invoices on to the system.
- Allocating project invoices.
- Managing the invoice authorisation process.
- Assistance with weekly payment runs.
- Dealing with supplier invoice related queries.
- Liaising with contract / project managers regarding queries on purchase invoices and chasing authorisation for payment.
- Review supplier statements when received and action any items that do not agree.
- Purchase ledger related admin such as filing.
- Assistance with EU VAT claims.
- Assisting the Management Accountant as and when required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Good level of education with A-C grades in Maths and English.
- Knowledge of accounts payable.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- 2-5 years accounts payable and general accounting experience.
- Basic understanding of UK VAT.
- Basic understanding of currency and exchange rates.
Attention to detail
- Accuracy is required when inputting invoices, payments and cashbooks onto the systems to ensure they are processed correctly, we pay the correct amount and that we reclaim the right level of VAT.
- Work load needs to be divided appropriately to ensure that invoices are processed in a timely manner and we pay our liabilities when they fall due.
- Prioritise work load to ensure purchases are made in line with project requirements.
- Liaising with the buying department, project controllers, management accountants etc to ensure that processes run as smoothly as possible.
- Offering support to other personnel in the finance department to help with queries, cover leave periods and problem solve where necessary.
Customer service focus
- Friendly and helpful when in communication with our suppliers to ensure queries are resolved adequately, to develop positive relationships and promote an excellent brand image.
- Effective communication with other team members to ensure that information is passed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Equally as important is communication with suppliers to ensure they are kept well informed and their queries adequately resolved.
- A positive attitude is essential to help ensure successful outcomes.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems;
- You work with other departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations;
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities;
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible;
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible;
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts;
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements;
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety
- Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”.
- Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way