The role of Finance Manager is to assist the Finance Director and Finance Controller in the administration and control of the company’s finances and finance department as well as ensuring the company complies with its reporting requirements as set out by both internal and external stakeholders.
The Finance Manager is tasked with the day-to-day management of the finance department ensuring it provides an effective support to the company, including providing accurately and timely information, in particular the preparation of the Management Accounts for the main trading entity and parent company.
- Overall day to day management of the Finance Department including direct responsibility for five members of staff.
- Preparing monthly financial reports including cashflow forecasts and P&L.
- Preparing the financial information for the company’s quarterly reports and assisting the Financial Controller with the annual budgets.
- Prepare forecasts of the company’s performance and monitor actual performance against these forecasts.
- Prepare complete and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing the statutory accounts for Boskalis Westminster and the consolidated statutory accounts for Boskalis’ holding company.
- Preparation of the group VAT returns and assisting the Tax Manager with Corp Tax information.
- Assisting with and monitoring the preparation of the statutory accounts for the other UK subsidiaries.
- Working with the company’s external auditors to ensure an effective year-end audit process.
- Liaising with colleagues and the treasury department to ensure compliance with the company’s hedging strategy.
- Controlling credit facilities provided to staff, including company credit cards and expenses.
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure internal and statutory compliance in respect of all financial matters.
- Provide the wider management team with financial management information as required from time to time.
- Provide guidance, support, and training to the finance team.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (i.e., ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or be in the final stages
- Previous experience in a management role with direct reports or a supportive role with responsibility for overseeing and guiding colleagues.
- Experience of working to strict reporting deadlines
- Experience with preparation of statutory accounts
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles, administration, and procedures
- Sound knowledge of management reporting, budgeting, and forecasts
- Knowledge of joint venture accounting
- Knowledge of taxes (including Corp Tax and VAT)
- Basic knowledge of treasury / hedging concepts / FX risk
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong excel skills
- Ideally previous experience of an ERP accounting system
Planning and organisation
- You organise your own activities and the necessary activities by others for the final reports and closings.
- You organise your workload efficiently to be able to deal with incoming questions addressed to you in addition to your current workload and regular reporting requirements.
- You safeguard progress in delivering any data necessary for the reports and know how to continue delivering quality under time pressure.
- You recognise important information (both in business as well as financial information), including information that will aid the proper bookkeeping and facilitating audits of the bookkeeping.
- You identify incorrect data in the bookkeeping and investigate the source of the problems.
- You are able to analyse complex problems (such as making vital connections between issues and rooting out possible causes of problems in complex situations).
Forming an opinion
- You draw conclusions from analyses and reports.
- You provide a view on items such as risk, regulatory requirements and accounting policies and standards.
- You are able to deal with incomplete information and prepare a view using sound and reasonable logic.
Oral and written communication
- You communicate well both within and outside the Finance department and able to adapt to various management styles.
- You can clearly and concisely explain financial data you prepare to both financial and non-financial colleagues.
- You take the initiative to liaise with colleagues in other companies and departments when required.
- Your reports are complete, accurate and prepared in a timely manner.
- Problems identified are communicated in a timely and clear fashion.
- You guide employees by providing directions or instructions and setting boundaries.
- You know how to offer employees practical help with their questions.
- You can instil enthusiasm in employees and help them to develop.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems.
- You work with other Boskalis departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- You are questioning about areas of the accounts or projects that are not so familiar
- You have a drive for improvement; within yourself, your team, and processes and controls.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension, or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- You deal with confidential info in a discreet manner.
Health and Safety/NINA
- Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”
- Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way