To ensure the agreed services are delivered according to SHE-Q, operational and budgetary requirements in compliance with Company (WoW & NINA) and Client standards. To provide inspiration and motivation to employees in pursuit of operational excellence. The Operations Superintendent reports to the Contract Manager (BMSL).
- Responsible for ensuring operations are planned and executed in the safest and most efficient manner.
- Responsible for performance management and development of sea-going employees (Inc. probation review, appraisals, career progression, disciplinaries and grievances).
- Responsible for recruitment of sea-going employees.
- Carry out operational inspections and ensure closure of NC’s
- Engage with Customers and Client to ensure service delivery is as expected.
- Liaise with Technical Department to ensure vessels are available for planned maintenance periods.
- Prepare accurate operational reports for Client and Company.
- Provide occasional out of office hours support / response.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Marine Operations Qualification (min HND) & sea-going experience.
- Demonstrable performance management experience.
- High level of computer literacy and experience of operational planning software.
- Driving licence and knowledge of UK ports (regular UK travel required).
Planning & organising
- You set relevant priorities.
- You create enabling conditions so that you can carry out your work in an organised and efficient fashion (structured working).
- You check the progress of your duties or projects.
- You work in a service-oriented manner.
- You understand customer requirements regarding the performances and services to be delivered.
- You use various ways of approaching problems and obtaining relevant information.
- You track down the background and possible cause of problems before making a decision.
- Adapting to various management styles.
- Ability to communicate at all levels effectively (inc. verbal, written reports, presentations).
- You are able to express your opinion easily and to defend your position if faced with counter arguments.
- You take action to speed up the progress of your duties and projects and following up with relevant paperwork.
- You act in anticipation rather than waiting for problems to arise.
- You consistently adapt effectively to new or unexpected tasks, projects, people and situations.
- You do not need much time to adjust your schedule or targets if the circumstances require you to do so.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems.
- You work with other Boskalis departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety
- Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”.
- Comply with the Boskalis SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way