Boskalis Marine Services Ltd are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated individual to join our team in Fareham, Hampshire. Your role will involve being part of the Marine Services team where you will be assisting the Marine Manager with document management, administrative support and other vessel related tasks. A structured training plan will be arranged with support and guidance from within this busy team.
The salary range for this position will be in the region of £23000 - £25000 per annum.
- Execute and maintain the agreed document management procedures in line with company guidelines and standards.
- Coordination and execution of all activities concerning and surrounding the assigned Document Management Systems, ensuring accurate and up to date information. Proactively follow-up with document owners to maintain this.
- Communication, registration and maintenance of organisational and client documentation using the applicable Document Management Systems.
- Generate various document control reports as required and initiate expediting action where needed.
- Data acquisition and management of data for sustainability reporting.
- Assist as required in day to day operational support of marine services projects to include logistics and crew scheduling.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Document Management
- Further or Higher Education Level
- H&S or Quality Management qualification is desirable
- Competency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A willingness to learn.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise.
- Work well in a team environment and on your own initiative.
- Have an interest in vessel management
Who We Are
Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. (Boskalis) has approx 10,000 employees including associated companies. The safety of our employees and those of our subcontractors is paramount. Boskalis operates its progressive global safety program No Injuries No Accidents (NINA), which is held in high regard in the industry and by our clients.
Our versatile fleet consists of more than 650 vessels and floating equipment, including associated companies. Our head office is based in the Dutch city of Papendrecht. Boskalis Westminster is one of the leading dredging and marine contractor and has over 85 years experience operating in the UK.
Your role will be working for Boskalis Marine Services who operate a versatile fleet of vessels that primarily support military training nationwide.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems.
- You work with other Boskalis departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety
- Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”
- Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function
- Actively listens to the input of others
- Speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Being adaptive and the ability to multitask
- The ability to prioritise work
- Working with different management styles across the business
Planning and Organisation
- Works in a structured and orderly way
- Coordinates the work of the team and external resources
- Identifies dependencies in tasks and planning and coordinates accordingly
- Anticipates unforeseen circumstances in the planning
- Ensures timely availability of resources
- Adapts behavior or approach effectively
- Generates proposals on how to deal with new situations
- Maintains the direction or course in turbulent times
- Outlines priorities and defines new approach in case of collective setback
- Calls others to account when they change or discontinue action plans
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com