The Graduate Hydrographic Surveyor will assist with the Bathymetric and Topographic surveys required to support our Dredging operations.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a variety of roles within the company, with guidance, support and training. You must be prepared to travel in the UK and Ireland and work away from home as well as on site and head office in Fareham. Support and guidance will be given from a highly experienced senior surveyor, allowing for development and upscaling of skill sets.
- Assist in the mobilisation of vessel.
- Performing, processing and presenting Hydrographic and Topographic surveys in a variety of environments.
- Executing volume calculations, designs and control measurements/calibrations.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, such as: Hydrography, Marine Geography, Marine Science, Land survey or related field.
- Working Knowledge of Multibeam and/or topographic equipment .
- Knowledge of MS office (specifically Word and Excel).
- The ability to work independently when required, with a proactive mentality.
- Full UK driving license and Right to Work in UK.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems. You work with other Boskalis departments and in doing so you put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays & the opportunity to buy up to 15 extra
- Very competitive pension
- Medical & Dental health cover for you and your family
- Critical illness Insurance
- Life assurance
- Health screening
- Cycle Work
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way