- Preparing and supervising the project (mobilisation, installation and demobilisation), site design, importing and exporting equipment and materials.
- Assisting the Project Manager or Project Director during the drawing up of the execution plans and possibly the work budget, discussing the execution principles, assessing and planning material use and deployment.
- Managing, instructing, steering and motivating Superintendents, crew, fleet staff, TD’s and Surveyors at work- Ensuring a connection between quay staff and the ship.
- Maintaining and encouraging a satisfactory relationship and consulting with client’s supervisors, JV partners and third partners.
- Planning the required staff, crew and the required equipment at the project. Drawing up and checking leave schedules.
- After consultation with the Project Manager or Director, drawing up estimates of the material requirements, desired delivery times and production times.
- Issuing advice regarding the purchase of new material and desired adjustments to existing equipment.
- In consultation with the TD and Survey, developing a policy for the required auxiliary equipment and spare parts.
- Being responsible for the in and out survey of the equipment.
- Pre-selecting materials and subcontractors, holding preparatory discussions with contractors, suppliers of materials, machine rent businesses etc and drawing up contracts.
- Identifying and reporting deviations with respect to the contract.
- Performing work progress checks and, if necessary, taking measures to deal with any shortcomings. Reporting on progress checks during construction and staff meetings.
- Supplying data for instalments and bills for work performed.
- Being proactive with production-optimisation and cost monitoring.
- Responsible for keeping a site diary and supplying data for the project and final reports.
- Implementing and approving the HSE and QA plan.
- Understanding the project-related tasks of the project manager so as to be able to deputise during his/her absence.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Higher professional working level and intellectual ability.
- Knowledge of and wide experience with techniques and work processes used.
- Knowledge of quality and safety systems.
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Office Software
- Local laws and regulations, including obtaining permits.
- Fire fighting, survival at sea, VOL-VCA safety diploma for operational managers and First Aid.
- English language (written and spoken)
- Planning and Organising: Setting objectives and priorities effectively and indicating the required time, actions and means to achieve certain goals.
- Decisiveness: Taking decisions by means of actions or adopting a position by expressing an opinion.
- Persuasiveness: Trying to convince others of a certain viewpoint and attempting to gain approval by using the correct arguments and methods.
- Result-oriented: Actively focusing on achieving results and objectives and being prepared to intervene in the case of disappointing results.
- Being immune to stress: Continuing to perform effectively under pressure of time, in the case of setbacks, disappointment or opposition.
- Loyalty to the organisation: Bringing own behaviour into line with the culture, requirements, priorities and aims of the organization.
Boskalis Core Competencies
- You help find solutions to problems.
- You work with other Boskalis departments and in doing so put common interests above your own.
- You contribute ideas and work with others to achieve common goals.
- You enquire about the needs of your customers and adapt to changing expectations.
- You ensure or contribute to the performance of a business analysis (costs/benefits) for all activities.
- You listen to constructive criticism and are prepared to improve your own performance where possible.
- You have high expectations of your own performance and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- You adhere to norms and values, even when this leads to disadvantages, tension or conflicts.
- You do what you say you will do, and you keep promises and agreements.
- Treating all fellow colleagues and clients equally. No client or colleague will be treated less favorably because of their race, colour, religion or belief, nationality ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or marital or civil partner.
Health & Safety
- Adopt the NINA Values and Rules, i.e. “My role according to NINA”
- Comply with the BWL SHE-Q System policies and procedures, applicable to your role and function.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to:
4 Crompton Way